♕ Today's Promise: "You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober." 1 Thessalonians 5:6- 11
Words of Encouragement
Being set apart to Unlock your Purpose Actions
You and me have been called to live apart from the world, and thank goodness for that! Look at what turmoil the world is in, what anxiety, what worry, CoronaVirus, Middle East, Rumours of War, some say a stock market crash round the corner. On the flipside of that is carefree life of pleasure without knowledge or care of the consequences that are coming-just being oblivious or in denial of the world around us. If you ride the roller coaster of politics; financial markets; moods; News; Sports; Hollywood; Various Movements that come and go; and chasing pleasures you will be up and down every day in your mood and expectations. Your objectives will keep on changing. But we are called to have an eternal view on our lives and realize the consequences of our actions, our words lead to a God give purpose. We are here for a God given mission and purpose that requires us to be not of this world. That makes us rocksteady.
1 Thessalonians 5:6- 11(NKJV)
You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him. Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.
I realize that sometimes your trials may seem impossible and situations bleak but please grab these truths:
- God has His hand on you for a specific purpose. He'll use other people, dreams, visions, and that "still small voice" of God to get you on track.
- You are marked by God to minister in your day to day living. Because He has set you apart, you are already walking into our destinies. You and I are called not to be of this world, we are not in it to be part of it. We are in it to lead by righteous example and call other people out of this world by our actions and Mirror what we say.
- Even though right now you may feel as if you are put on a shelf and forgotten brother, we have been set apart for the call of God on our lives. You are in training for your purpose. Marriage restoration times are just for you and the Lord. Are you spending quality time with God as He moulds and makes you into His image? Because otherwise you may be drifting and wasting time! Its time to let Him rebuild our character in us so that when it is time to go on the frontlines, He knows we will be ready. He will be able to trust you with what has been appointed for you to do.
- If you get off track, God always gently guides me back onto the path He has chosen for you.
- When the time comes don’t distance yourself from the secular crowd, prayerfully seek to influence it. We are called to take back territory and lost souls from the enemy and the kingdom of darkness. The kingdom of God does not shy away from battle! It wins- as it will in the end.
When we know our purpose and our identity, we change the atmosphere and the culture. We are called to be salt and light. Both of those things change their surroundings. One brings flavor and the other brings clarity. We’re not just set apart from sin, but we are set apart for a purpose, which is to influence our spheres for Christ. God’s goal in setting us apart is not about taking us out of the world, but about Him taking the world out of us. By pursuing Christ, the things of the world lose their grip on us, but by trying not to look like the world we only lose sight of Christ. He wants to conform us into His image, not distance us from the world.
1 John 4:4-6 (NKJV)
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them. We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
An example, A very well known preacher always got up early in the morning to pray and worship. However, because he was on a speaking tour it just so happened that the best place for his quiet time with the Lord was on the beach of this holiday island. When he started to pray this young guy came out of a party screaming and yelling about how much fun he had had. He had overindulged himself that night, he had had a blast he was very clear about it. He saw and interrupted the preacher’s quiet time with the Lord so as to tell him of his fun night. So the preacher had the courage to tell him that he had just interrupted his prayer because he was a Christian. Immediately the young man stopped putting on a show and sobered up. He explained that he too was a Christian, went on to tell him about his volunteering at his local church and his faith. He looked at the pastor rather sheepishly because he realized at that very moment he was falling short of his mission by partying and he indulging himself. Because the preacher was set a apart in the moment he was able to be a mirror for this young party goer a life set apart. This is what we are called to be, to lead by example- faithful, sober, righteous because we have the Holy Spirit. When I was living with my non-Christian house mates, I saw a glimpse of what being set apart can achieve because they made fun of me and ridiculed me, but when they heard I was back with my wife through the miracle, they were quiet and acted sheepish in that moment like they should have known better. I could not have had this reaction by being like them. I caused them to stop and think because I was set apart.
so please remember this month that being set apart will unlock your purpose.
~ Patrick RESTORED in Australia
If you haven't already done so, please take a moment to read my testimony and then my wife's encouragement.
Also, here are the previous letters from prior months that I hope will inspire you in your Journey.