Atenção: Homens que falam português
Por favor, use o Translate >> (tradutor) para ler o encouragemento do Patrick desta semana. Obrigado!
Atención: Hombre de habla hispana.
Favor usar el Translate >> (Traductor) para leer el mensaje de Animo de Roberto de esta semana. Gracias!
Attention : Hommes Francophones
Veuillez utiliser le Translate >> (Traducteur) pour lire cet Encouragement hebdomadaire de Roberto. Merci!
Pozor : Slovensky Hovoriaci
Prosíme použite Translate>> (Prekladač) a prečítajte si tohto týždňové Povzbudenie od Roberta. Ďakujeme!
When I wrote about transformation last month "Keep Transforming" I wrote on the importance of letting this radical change start and continue. This time I want to clarify that I used to have the wrong idea about transforming. I used to think that it was about performance, about looking good. Yet, I never made real change —addressing all those aspects of our lives that are hidden.
So how do you know you are on the right track? Actually, the more important question is—What can you do to stay on the right track!
- I had a hard time letting go of my selfish lifestyle but it was long overdue. How do you Give up your idols, give up those hidden places in your heart that you struggle with? When you struggle to bring it out, find solutions in a Godly loving community, and pray to be Holy Spirit led. Do not hide your struggles! Ask God for a Godly group of men or start a group yourself.
- The Gospel, His Good News, always results in changes—people who initially change become more adequate vehicles for God’s working. The single most effective thing you can do is read your bible every single day, never miss it. Step two live it.
A man in my bible study group felt the Lord lead him to read the bible for 1000 hours. In that time, his whole outlook, relationships, family situations were transformed for the better. You are more likely to stay on your restoration journey and living for Him if you read the bible daily. Your relationship with the Lord is refreshed daily and some say you are up to 42% less likely to be ensnared by sins like pornography.
- Remember your identity is now in Christ. Your past sins and mistakes may convince you that you are those mistakes but once repentance has occurred—you are now a new creation. Your identity is not a divorcee, separated, a liar, untrustworthy, adulterer, or failed husband. No More! You are redeemed; ransomed; healed; restored and forgiven.
- Be disciplined and guarded against temptation. Sin comes up like weeds in the garden. You've got to be on duty in this garden to remove them anything that could tempt you. Constant temptation and drawbacks will try to get in the way of your miracle— so you need to be on guard checking yourself by using the Word.
- Bring your best clay. I listened to a lot of preaching so allow me to share with you some preaching. In the verse about the potter and the clay, the Lord is not only telling us that he will remold us. He is also asking us to bring our best to him. Two things affect the way the pot turns out: 1) The quality of the clay and technique. 2) We are responsible for bringing to Him good quality clay (a tender heart). The preacher went on to talk about how a willingness to change, with clean motives, dealing with sin, as the quality of the clay. Therefore, bring your best clay because if the clay is full of stones and sand (grumbling, complaining, gossiping, etc.), the vessel will not be as fantastic due to the lack of quality clay.
Jeremiah 18: 1-6.
The Word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: “Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will let you hear my words.” So I went down to the potter's house, and there he was working at his wheel. And the vessel he was making of clay was spoiled in the potter's hand, and he reworked it into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to do. Then the word of the Lord came to me: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter has done? declares the Lord. Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.
As human beings we do not like change and transformation can be hard and painful. But He will help you each step of the way because He is He loves you, He wants the best for He is for you. After all, He is God our Father.
~ Patrick RESTORED in Australia
If you haven't already done so, please take a moment to read my testimony and then my wife's encouragement.
Also, here are the previous letters from prior months that I hope will inspire you in your Journey.